Tallest building - these things always look good with a piercing blue sky up there. Temp is around 85f today by the way.
This is the Superdome
This is where people took refuge after Katrina - the tour guide didn't mention this event hardly at all. Not sure why - maybe they are a little bit embarrassed about how the response was to this - I'll see if I can throw some more light on that.
This is a memorial to Katrina
We took a walking tour - most of the buildings are slowly sinking - there is no bedrock here - just silt from the Mississippi - you have to go down 100ft to hit rock.
Picking the kids up from school
The guide told us that Brad and Anglena own a property here and opposite Matthew McConaughey has a house - I have a picture in my head of Matthew entertaining some young ladies while Brad and Angelina are trying to get the 7 (or is it 8 kids) to bed ............ nightmare!!
I love these little finials - they are all round the city
I know you want to see what dinner was tonight - here goes First of all some baked potatoes for a complimentary starter.......!!!
Then some gumbo - shrimp,chicken,ocra,rice
Then some crawfish and rice - yes I know it looks remarkably similar to the previous...Then to finish, cheesecake and blueberries
And then we took the trolley bus home
No - just kidding on that one.















Still lovin the tour. You are really taking in all the Music - Great Pics and story. The Katrina thing is a bit spooky though. Anyway it looks like your evening meal needed livening up or are you close to having tried all Southern food? At least you found the cheesecake!
ReplyDeleteNothing to report here. Its Thursday night but I'll be taking a rare ( Thursday ) night in. Cheers, Steve
Just a couple more days to go - feel like we've been away for ages!
Delete